Incident tracking management system
Public sector organizations including state, local, tribal, federal agencies, or NGOs face increasing challenges in identifying, tracking, managing, and closing ever-growing incidents. Manual incident management process with no systematic approach for incident prioritization, assignment, resolution and remediation is not ideal for a critical process such as Incident management. Critical decision making is affected with no established process and effectively higher amounts of time and effort required to manually capture, allocate, manage, track and analyze an incident.
Regardless of the domain, the workflow associated with the Incident lifecycle is pretty standard:
- Alarm generation and capture (which can be automated through BPA and BPI) is typically the beginning of the life cycle of an Incident
- This is followed by the creation of the Incident Trouble report (creation of this itself can be automated as well)
- Multiple or Multilevel tickets are created (if necessary) for each of the Incident trouble Reports
- Assigning tickets/incidents to field force (can be automated as well)
- Dispatching field personnel
- Personnel tracking if necessary (location tracking, routing suggestions, etc)
- Status tracking and updates of the Incident
- Resolution and Closure
Having an effective software solution/application to automate and handle Incident management is nothing short of a mandate. This solution effective needs to address Incident Management, Tracking, and Resolution needs including but not limited to the above life cycle, Resource management, online and field tools, automated workflows, trends analysis, communications management, information management and security, task assignments and tracking, escalations, BI, trends analysis based on connected data, etc. There are certain Incident Management standards such as the National Incident Management System (NIMS) policies and guidelines that these Incident Management solutions are highly recommended to adhere to.
Proper processes and SOPs along with an effective software application is the key to tracking incidents in any domain efficiently and consequently reduce the loss of life, property and any harm to the environment.