Our COVID Response
We are deeply conscious about the second wave of COVID-19 in India and the tough time it brings, and are working to create space for our customers and clients to prioritize health and the health of their families above everything.
A large number of iLink’s employees are based out of India, especially in Maharashtra and Tamilnadu, which are among the worst affected states. Though we are keeping a close eye on the well-being of our people, a small number of our employees are impacted either because they or their family members have tested positive. The healthcare system is overwhelmed right now and we are doing our best to provide any kind of additional support to our impacted employees and their family.
We are aware that this has impacted our customers as well and are committed to continuing to deliver a seamless experience and avoid disruptions to our services.
Showing Up For Each Other
To further support our employees and their families we have implemented the following measures:
- Work From Home – Almost all our employees continue to work from home which means they are not at a higher risk of getting infected because of travel or large gatherings. We have advised people to stay home and avoid crowds at any cost.
- Enhanced Support – We are trying to help the impacted employees and their families with hospitalization, medicines, oxygen, logistics, and emotional support. A 24×7 helpline has been set up for any emergencies. Many employees are lending a hand as volunteers for the same.
- Oxygen Concentrators – We are arranging for a few Oxygen concentrators in all our locations to deal with any emergencies.
- Awareness Sessions – We are educating and informing our employees and their family with regards to the virus by organizing online health & safety awareness sessions.
- Vaccination – The government has allowed vaccination of all persons above the age of 18 from May 1. We are encouraging everyone to get vaccinated as early as possible. We are also exploring the possibility of getting our employees vaccinated in a safe & secure manner by arranging for vaccination drives at our offices.
If you are interested in getting involved or helping out, you may donate through Association for India’s Development (AID), a US-based charity organization that partners with nonprofits in India and promotes sustainable, equitable, and just development. They are working to address the COVID-19 situation in India by arranging for oxygen supplies, distributing essential kits containing food, masks, and sanitizers, and providing protective equipment to healthcare workers.
We are seeing people coming together to help each other in a wave of humility and camaraderie with many of our employees setting up a voluntary task force, working relentlessly to help people in need. To help address issues with oxygen shortages, iLink is helping to import oxygen and making it available at our locations in Chennai, Pune and Trichy for our employees and community members.
We’re seeing some positive news that Maharashtra indicates an early stage of flattening. There has been a significant decline in positive cases for more than a week now. If the previous wave is any indication, we should see the flattening of cases across the country within the next 2 weeks.
We’re all in this together, and are here to do everything we can to support our communities and customers so we can all continue to thrive in the years to come. Thank you for being a part of the iLink Community.