iLink & Microsoft Present : Ransomware: Prevention, Recovery and Best practices to stay ahead
- Cyber attacks extracts 15-20% of the $3 trillion global internet economy, and Canada loses 0.17% of GDP to cybercrime, which is equal to $3.12 billion/year.
- US Organizations are attacked in varying degrees of severity more than 450 times per year, with 87% suffering at least one successful breach.
- One-third of smaller organizations believe they don’t have enough resources to effectively defend against attacks.
- The average company spends $3.7 million in direct and indirect costs to recover from security breaches.
Ransomware, a type of malware, continues to be one of the major concerns for organizations of all sizes as these attacks become more and more sophisticated. The impact of these attacks is increasingly detrimental and when these attacks happen, organizations lose access to their data and systems. The organizations will have to pay hefty fees demanded by cybercriminals in exchange to restore access.
CISO, CIO, IT Directors and Security specialists are tasked to stay ahead of the curve on multiple forms of ransomware trends, have robust prevention policies and proactive measures to reduce the risk.
We invite you to attend this webinar series from our Security Experts to better understand the current challenges and trends with real-time examples, prevention and recovery methodologies, best practices and recommendations, and how to stay ahead of any ransomware attack utilizing Microsoft Sentinel.
Ransomware – its defining characteristics and Impact
Prevention and Recovery Techniques
Cyber Security Best practices and recommendations
Thangaraj Petchiappan, CTO – Infrastructure and Security, iLink Digital, Inc.
Thanga, a certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor and EC-Council – Certified Ethical Hacker v10, has over 18 years of experience in IT Infrastructure, Security, SIEM, Vulnerability Assessment, Cybersecurity, Datacenter Operations, Enterprise Architect, Cloud Consulting Assessment and Implementation & Migration.
NOTICE TO ALL PUBLIC SECTOR OR STATE-OWNED ENTITY EMPLOYEES – Federal [including Military], State, Local and Public Education. This is a Microsoft partner event. Should items of value (e.g. food, promotional items) be disbursed to event participants, these items will be available at no charge to attendees. Please check with your ethics policies before accepting items of value.
- 8: 50 AM - 9:00 AM
- Ransomware - its defining characteristics and Impact
- 9:00 AM - 9:05 AM
- Prevention and Recovery Techniques
- 9:05 AM - 9:35 AM
- Cyber Security Best practices and recommendations
- 9:35 AM - 9:45 AM
- Real world scenarios
- 9:45 AM - 10:00 AM